- OS: iOS 13
- Safari 13 Minimum
- To update Safari on your iPad, visit Updating iPad.
- Safari 13 Minimum
- Air 2
- Air 3rd Generation
- Mini 4
- Mini 5th Generation
- iPad 5th Generation
- iPad 6th Generation
- 9.7-inch Pro
- 10.5-inch Pro
- 11-inch Pro
- 12.9-inch Pro
Features in Safari:
While attendees will use Safari to join sessions from an iPad, there are some features that work slightly different or are not capable of functioning on a mobile device.
|Pane 1: Web Cam (See Known Issues)||X|
|Pane 1: Personal Web Cam Recording (See Known Issues)||X|
|Pane 1: Video*||X|
|Pane 1: Audio*||X|
|Pane 2: Screen Share (Can View but cannot Share)||X|
|Pane 2: Presentations||X|
|Pane 2: Annotate on Presentations||X|
|Pane 2: Save as PDF (Annotated Presentations) (See Known Issues)||X|
|Pane 2: Documents||X|
|Pane 2: Annotate on Documents||X|
|Pane 2: Save as PDF (Annotated Documents) (See Known Issues)||X|
|Pane 3: Images||X|
|Pane 4: Whiteboard||X|
|Pane 4: Whiteboard Tools (all except Insert Image, Insert Screenshot, & Insert Background)||X|
|Pane 4: Save as PDF (Whiteboard)||X|
|Pane 4: My Attachments* (See Known Issues)||X|
|Pane 4: My Audio||X|
|Pane 4: My Documents||X|
|Pane 4: My Presentations||X|
|Pane 4: My Videos||X|
|Pane 4: My Web Links||X|
|Side Panel: Move||X|
|Side Panel: Hide||X|
|Attendee Settings: Notifications*||X|
|Attendee Settings: Step Away||X|
|Attendee Settings: Knowledge Base||X|
|Noteboard: Create New Note||X|
|Noteboard: Export as PDF* (See Known Issues)||X|
|Chat: Font Settings||X|
Known iPad Issues
The following are known issues with using an iPad as an Attendee in a Jigsaw session. Jigsaw will be working on these issues as a future release.
- Web Cam will appear upside down when viewed from Firefox browsers
Personal Web Cam will record upside down when iPad users hold iPad with volume controls are located at the top
- To resolve, the iPad user can rotate the iPad so the volume controls are located on the bottom
Keyboard will open and overlap when MathType Editor opens in Pane 2 Annotations and Whiteboard
- A workaround for this is the Floating Keyboard, which is a smaller version of the onscreen iPad keyboard. When the keyboard pops up, use 2 fingers and drag inward (zoom in) on the keyboard. The keyboard should convert to a smaller, floating keyboard.
- You can also click the keyboard key on the onscreen keyboard and select Floating.
- You could also use a Bluetooth keyboard, but the onscreen keyboard will still popup for some fields.
When iPad users select Save as PDF (Pane 2 Annotations or Whiteboard), Export as PDF (Noteboard), or downloads a PDF (Pane 4 My Attachments), the documents will open a new tab causing their Web Cam to go black for all attendees
- The PDF tab will need to be closed completely or the camera turned off and back on to correct
iPad user's mic will appear to be on but not be heard by other attendees sporadically
- If this occurs, it is best if the iPad user exits the session and tests the mic on the Landing Page. This is a Safari issue that Jigsaw it trying to work around.
Allowing Audio and Camera
Allowing Mic and Camera access at the browser level allows for the best experience using iOS and Safari in Jigsaw.
1. To do this, click the AA icon in the Address Bar of the Browser.
2. Then select Website Settings from the menu.
3. Change the Camera to Allow.
4. Change the Microphone to Allow. Click Done in the upper left corner when finished.
**Please note: This setting is not available prior to iOS 13.**
When there are assets released as attachments, they will show as My Attachments in Pane 4. These assets are downloadable so you can save them to view later. On a tablet, you will see them open in a separate tab in Safari. There is a Share icon at the top of the browser that you will click to save in a designated location.
1. Click on the asset that you want to download from My Attachments.
2. The asset will open in a new tab.
3. Click the Share tab and select the app where you want to save the asset.
You will be able to open the Notifications alert to turn off the alert that sounds when a chat message is received. However, when enabled you will not hear a sound when a chat is received.
Noteboard - Export as PDF
After notes have been added to the Noteboard, you may want to export those notes as a PDF.
1. The asset will open in a new tab.
2. Click the Share tab and select the app where you want to save the asset.