There are always things we can do to provide a better experience for ourselves in an application. Here you will find a list of Best Practices on how to help your experience in Jigsaw 5 more effective and efficient.
- Use standard Microsoft fonts in your assets.
- Fonts you have downloaded may not be compatible with the Jigsaw Conversion server if they are labeled Read-Only. To be safe, use the standard fonts.
- Upload assets 12-24 hours prior to your session to minimize delays.
- The larger the file size, the longer it will take to convert.
- Your asset may not be ready 5 minutes after uploading due to its size. It could take longer to convert.
- Make sure you do not embed videos into your presentations.
- Refresh your browser (F5) if your file is showing "Awaiting Conversion" to see status updates. If it is taking longer than 1 hour to convert, try:
- Try removing the asset from the session, then delete it from the Asset Library. Then re-add it.
- If the above does not work, contact Support with the following information:
- Session Name
- Asset Name
- Asset File Size
- A wired or USB headset is preferred over a wireless or Bluetooth headset.
- If you have a wireless/Bluetooth headset and have issues where your attendees can hear you but you cannot hear them when your mic is enabled, try a different headset or changing the Mic to the computer default to see if that fixes it. If it does, it could be the stability of a wireless/Bluetooth headset.
- Connect your headset prior to joining your Jigsaw session.
- You can make sure your mic is recognized by your computer by testing it at https://www.onlinemictest.com/
- It is best to use a wired Internet connection over a wireless (WIFI) connection. It will provide a more constant, stable connection to your session.
- You can check your connection by visiting http://ping-test.net/ to perform a PING test with the following settings (it is recommended to perform 3 times)
- Server: Ping Test: US - Washington
- If you are having any connection issues, limit the other sites and applications that are open or running on your computer. For example, you would not want any type of streaming service running the same time as your Jigsaw session.
- The latest version of Chrome and Firefox are the preferred browsers for Jigsaw 5.
- If you are having any issue with Jigsaw 5 in one browser, test the other browser to see if it is working for you there.
- You can check to see what browser you are using and if it is up to date by visiting https://www.whatismybrowser.com
- You cannot EMBED Videos (files, YouTube, etc.) into your Presentation. Please use Pane 1 (upload directly into your Asset Library) or use Screen Sharing to show videos during your session.
- You can test to see if your web cam is working and properly set up by visiting https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/