There are always things we can do to provide a better experience for ourselves in an application. Here you will find a list of Best Practices on how to help your experience in Jigsaw 5 more effective and efficient.
- Use standard Microsoft fonts in your assets.
- Fonts you have downloaded may not be compatible with the Jigsaw Conversion server if they are labeled Read-Only. To be safe, use the standard fonts.
- Upload assets 12-24 hours prior to your session to minimize delays.
- The larger the file size, the longer it will take to convert.
- Your asset may not be ready 5 minutes after uploading due to its size. It could take longer to convert.
- Make sure you do not embed videos into your presentations.
- Avoid special characters in your filename such as apostrophes, colons, etc.
- Refresh your browser (F5) if your file is showing "Awaiting Conversion" to see status updates. If it is taking longer than 1 hour to convert, try:
- Try removing the asset from the session, then delete it from the Asset Library. Then re-add it.
- If the above does not work, contact Support with the following information:
- Session Name
- Asset Name
- Asset File Size
- A wired or USB headset is preferred over a wireless or Bluetooth headset.
- If you have a wireless/Bluetooth headset and have issues where your attendees can hear you but you cannot hear them when your mic is enabled, try a different headset or changing the Mic to the computer default to see if that fixes it. If it does, it could be the stability of a wireless/Bluetooth headset.
- Connect your headset prior to joining your Jigsaw session.
- You can make sure your mic is recognized by your computer by testing it at https://www.onlinemictest.com/
- It is best to use a wired Internet connection over a wireless (WIFI) connection. It will provide a more constant, stable connection to your session.
- You can check your connection by visiting http://ping-test.net/ to perform a PING test with the following settings (it is recommended to perform 3 times)
- Server: Ping Test: US - Washington
- If you are having any connection issues, limit the other sites and applications that are open or running on your computer. For example, you would not want any type of streaming service running the same time as your Jigsaw session.
- The latest version of Chrome and Firefox are the preferred browsers for Jigsaw Interactive.
- If you are having any issue with Jigsaw Interactive in one browser, test the other browser to see if it is working for you there.
- You can check to see what browser you are using and if it is up to date by visiting https://www.whatismybrowser.com
- You cannot EMBED Videos (files, YouTube, etc.) into your Presentation. Please use Pane 1 (upload directly into your Asset Library) or use Screen Sharing to show videos during your session.
- Use Chrome or Firefox
- Install the Jigsaw App from the Test My Computer page. ( Use Chrome or Firefox)
- Ensure you have minimum bandwidth of at least 1.5 Mbps (Up and down) and Ping 50 ms or less. The closer to 0 is optimal.
- Application Sharing is recommended if bandwidth is an issue because it uses less bandwidth.
- Recommended resolution for the Sharer to be no greater than 1280 x 720.
- There are many factors that can contribute to a challenging or pleasant online meeting experience with Jigsaw outside of the software. The Jigsaw application is a live online tool requiring a uninterrupted connection. This is especially critical when watching videos, screen sharing, talking, or streaming web cams because these are live feeds.
- Wired connection is recommended.
- The fastest internet connection is preferred.
- Close any programs that are not needed for your session.
- Wired connection is recommended.
- You can test to see if your web cam is working and properly set up by visiting https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/