The Jigsaw App is used when Screen Sharing, but specifically if you want to use the following features:
- Remote Access
- Copy & Paste to the Whiteboard
- Insert Screenshot to the Whiteboard
The following will show you how to install the Jigsaw App from within a session using a:
You can also install the app prior to attending a session.
How to Install the Jigsaw App from within the Session (Windows)
1. Choose Screen Sharing. You can also click on Insert Screenshot or perform a Copy/Paste function in Pane 4 and continue with Step 3.
2. Click on the white Start Sharing button.
3. Click Add Now and wait for download to complete.
4. Locate downloaded file.
5. Click JigsawApp-Setup.exe located at the bottom of the window or Double click JigsawApp-Setup.exe in the Downloads folder.
6. Click Install.
7. Wait until progress bar is complete.
8. Click Close and return back to the session.
9. Return to the Download Complete message and click Ok.
10. You may need to click on the white Start Sharing button again.
11. Choose Desktops or Applications and then the Share button to begin sharing.
12. Pane 2 will then display a message that you are screen sharing.
How to Install the Jigsaw App from within the Session (Mac)
1. Choose Screen Sharing. You can also click on Insert Screenshot or perform a Copy/Paste function in Pane 4 and continue with Step 4.
2. Click on the white Start Sharing button.
3. The Screen Share loading message will appear.
4. The Jigsaw App Alert message will appear. Click Add Now and wait for download to complete.
5. Once the download is complete, locate downloaded file. Run the downloaded file from your browser downloads by clicking the file name (JigsawApp-Setup.pkg).
6. The Opening install process will begin. Click Continue.
7. If you need to select a destination on your computer for the installation, you will continue with the Installation by selecting where to install the app. Then click Continue.
8. The install process will confirm your install location with the space needed. Click Install if no changes need to be made.
9. You will need to enter your Administrator password to proceed. This is the same password you use to sign on to your Mac computer.
10. A progress bar will appear.
11. Click Close to close the App Window.
12. You will be asked what you want to do with the Install File. You can choose to Keep it in your Downloads or move it to Trash. This is your personal preference.
13. You may need to click on the white Start Sharing button again.
14. If prompted, check Always open these types of links in the associated app. Then click OpenJigsawApp.app.
15. Choose Desktops or Applications and then the Share button to begin sharing.
**Please note: When you install the app on a Mac OS, the files are stored in two locations. This is because of the Administrator Password needed to install and uninstall the files.**
Installing the Jigsaw App from the Test My Computer screen
These steps will show you how to access the Jigsaw App from the Test My Computer screen.
1. Go to Test My Computer at https://app.jigsawinteractive.com/Conference/TestMyComputer or login to Jigsaw Interactive using your username and password.
- If logging in, go to your profile and select Test My Computer.
2. From the Test My Computer screen, click "Click Here to Check for App". This will check your computer to see if the App is installed. If not, you will be given a download link.
3. Click "Download" to continue.
Uninstalling the Jigsaw App
The following steps will provide you the information needed to uninstall from your Windows computer or your Mac computer.
Uninstalling from a Windows Computer
To install on your Windows computer, follow these steps:
1. To begin slick the Windows Start menu in the bottom left of your screen (the Windows icon) or click the Windows icon on your keyboard.
2. Click Settings on the Windows menu.
3. Click App on the Windows Settings screen.
4. Locate the Jigsaw App in the list of Apps & features (you can also search the list by entering Jigsaw App in the search box) and click Jigsaw App.
5. This will bring up two options: Modify and Uninstall. Click Uninstall.
6. A confirmation message will appear. Click Uninstall.
7. Your computer will ask if you will allow the app to make changes to your computer. This just means you are giving permission for the app to uninstall all info from your computer. Click Yes to proceed.
8. Another confirmation screen will appear as part of the Windows uninstall process. Click Uninstall to continue.
9. A progress bar will appear.
10. When finished, click Close.
Uninstalling from a Mac Computer
To uninstall on your Mac computer, follow these steps:
1. Go to Finder and click on the Go Menu.
2. Select Computer
3. Next, you will click on a series of folders to get to the Uninstaller.tool.
- First, click on Macintosh HD (or the name of your computer's Hard Drive)
- Next, click on Library
- Then, select Application Support
- Next, you will locate and select the Jigsaw Interactive folder
- Once you open that folder, select JigsawApp
- Finally, click Uninstaller.tool to begin the uninstall process
4. The Uninstall process will begin. You will be asked to enter your password. You will type it when the Password option appears on the screen.
5. When finished, click the Red Close button in the upper left corner of the window. The Jigsaw App is now uninstalled.