Working in Breakout Rooms within Jigsaw is like small classrooms or groups. Your host or presenter will create these rooms and assign you to one either before or during your session.
Here is some important information you should know when working in a Breakout Room.
Microphones and Web Cams
Your microphones and web cams will work the same as they do in the Main Room of Jigsaw. One thing to note is that whatever state your mic and web cam are in at the time you move from the Main Room to the Breakout Room, will be the state the device is in in the Breakout Room.
For example: You are in the Main Room of your session with your mic turned on and your web cam turned off. Your host moves you to a Breakout Room. Your mic will still be turned on and your web cam turned off once in the Breakout Room.
Chat from the Breakout Room
You can send a chat message to the group that is inside the same Breakout Room as you. You can also send a Direct Chat to your Host or Presenter even if they are in a different room. It works the same as if you were in the same room. Just click the chat bubble by their name and the Direct Chat box will open in the Side Panel.
Moving In and Out of Breakout Rooms
Exiting the Breakout Room
To exit the Breakout Room and return to the Main Room of your Jigsaw session, click the X by the name of the Breakout Room in the Attendee List. You will immediately be taken back to the Main Room.
A feature to allow easier navigation from the Main Room to the Breakout Rooms for attendees is the Quick Move drop-down menu.
How to Use Quick Move
- When the BORs are set up and Attendees are given permission to move freely between rooms, they will see a List View icon at the top of the Attendees List.
- The rooms available to the attendee will appear.
- The attendee selects the room and will automatically be moved to that room.
- When ready to move back to the Main Room or a different room, repeat the steps.
Test Rooms are a type of BOR that can be created with limited settings. Your Host or Co-Host may create this room so a class can be in one BOR but not be distracted by one another via chat or web cam.
What is the Test Room?
- 2-Pane Room with no Whiteboard
- Host and Co-Host can see All web cams but the Attendees can only see the Host and Co-Host web cams, as well as their own.
- Group Chat is available for Host and Co-Host viewable to Attendees.
- Direct Chat with Host and Co-Host for Attendees.
- Attendees have Raise Hand option in Test Room available where the Feedback option is in the Main Room (lower left-hand corner)
- Presentations in Pane 2, if loaded.
- Test Room Attendees will be able to see Broadcasted Messages in Chat
**Please Note: The Quick Move will not work for the Test Room. Host/Co-Host will have to move Attendees who are assigned to the Test Room into the Room.