Attend a session - anytime or anywhere - using a compatible computer, tablet, or mobile device and with proper connectivity!
Related Article: Test My Computer
Jigsaw Requirements to attend a session
Jigsaw Network Requirements
- Internet Connection
- ADDITIONAL TIP: Bandwidth and Testing
- ADDITIONAL TIP: Browser or Network Settings
Web Browsers:We always suggest the most current versions for optimal performance. Jigsaw 5 supports the latest 3 browser versions. For a list of the most current Browser Versions, visit What is the latest version of my browser?
You can always check your browser version by visiting What browser am I using?
Hardware: (Minimum Requirements)
For more information on Tablets in Jigsaw visit Tablet Specs.
Ways to Join A Session
- Join from a web browser (no download)
- Join from a tablet (no download)
ADDITIONAL TIP: Bandwidth and Testing
A proper Internet connection is required to successfully use Jigsaw. The bandwidth specs will vary based upon your role during the session, Presenter or Attendee, but should be within the ranges outlined. These base speeds are guidelines as there are many factors that determine a "good" connection. For optimal results, use a wired connection. Wireless/WiFi can vary in strength and may result in audio/video delays. And, Hotspots are very unstable in connectivity and will most likely result in audio and/or video delays.
- Download Speed – The maximum quantity of information that can be received by your computer from the Internet.
- Upload Speed – The maximum quantity of information that can be sent by your computer to the Internet.
- Ping – determines the delay between your computer and your network provider’s. Measure ping at:
- Latency - the time it takes for a packet of data to make a round trip between two designated points.
- Jitter – the variation over time of the latency across a network.
There are many factors that can contribute to a pleasant or challenging online experience with Jigsaw. The Jigsaw application is a live online tool requiring an uninterrupted connection. This is especially critical when watching videos, screen sharing, talking, or streaming webcams because these are live feeds. These outside factors must be considered for proper connectivity.
The Presenter and Attendees must ensure they are using the optimal:
- Bandwidth - poor connections lead to application delays such as audio, chatting, webstream etc. For optimal results especially if you're a Presenter, use a wired connection. Wireless (WIFI) can vary in strength and may result in audio/video delays as well as other application delays.
- CPU Power - as you increase the amount of video streaming in the session, the more CPU power becomes required. Typically, mobile devices such as tablets and mini computers used for surfing the web have the least processing power. Jigsaw recommends that no more than 2 video streams be active when using these types of devices.
Run 50 simultaneous webcams provided an attendee has the available network bandwidth to support the usage.
For more tips on using your WebCam, visit Web Camera, Microphone, and Speaker Tips.
See How to Install the Jigsaw App for details.
See How to Install Jigsaw's Chrome Extension for Screen Sharing for details.
Note: Jigsaw recommends the resolution for the sharer to be no greater than 1280 x 720.
Please see VPN information under Firefox.