The Attendees List is the main area within a Jigsaw session where all session attendees are displayed along with their role in the session, direct chat access, microphone and web cam access. Based upon an individual attendee's role in the session determines the options and settings available to each person.
This article focuses on the options and settings available to the Host/Co-Host and Co-Presenter. There are minor variations for the Co-Presenter. To learn more about those, click HERE.
The Attendees List is located in the Side Panel directly below the Jigsaw Interactive logo or your company's logo.
It contains Global Attendee Options, individual Attendee Settings along with the ability to mute/unmute your mic, turn on/off you web cam and disable/enable the mics and web cams for other session attendees.
Global Attendee Options
This area is divided into five categories: Audio & Video, Feedback, Share Screen, Layout, and Other Tools.
1. AUDIO & VIDEO
- Disable / Enable Web Cams - This option allows the Host and Co-Presenter the ability to allow attendees to start their web cams in the session.
If web cams are currently running and the Host or Co-Presenter selects "disable" web cam, the web cam is immediately "stopped" and the attendee cannot restart the web cam until it has been "enabled" again by the Host or Co-Presenter.
When it is disabled, the web cam icon is solid gray and with a line through it.
- Disable / Enable Mics - This option is used when you want to disable or enable all attendees from using their computer microphone. When this is selected the microphone is solid gray with a line. When the microphone is in this state, attendees cannot use their microphones because the Host or Co-Presenter has controlled their access.
However, by default, if the attendee has selected their microphone, when they join the session, the microphone is enabled.
- Allow Multiple Mics / Allow One Mic - You are simply going to love this option!
When you are using computer audio, this allows you to facilitate in a very "controlled" audio environment by using "Allow One Mic" or a more conversational approach by using "Allow Multiple Mics".
When "Allow One Mic" is selected, only one person may engage the microphone at a time.
The person who is speaking will have a green microphone to the right of their name and the tool tip is noted as "talking".
If the Host or Co-Presenter wants to maintain control of the microphone but needs to "mute" their microphone, they have a "mute" option to the right of their microphone.
When one microphone is allowed and engaged, the other session attendees will see a busy microphone.
When "Allow Multiple Mics" is selected, all session attendees may simultaneously engage their microphones.
This allows for a more conversational audio method while giving attendees the flexibility to "mute" and "unmute" their microphones at will by simply clicking the green or gray microphone to the right of their name or in the session toolbar.
Best Practice Tip: If an attendee is not speaking, they should "mute" their mic.
- Lock / Unlock Phone - This option is available when the following conditions are satisfied:
- The customer has added Universal Phone Support to their account.
- The audio method for the session settings has been set to use phone option.
When the phone is "unlocked" attendee's will see a pop up audio window with the session phone number, session and attendee code information.
Several enhancements have been made that will allow for more effective viewing of the attendee feedback.
- Feedback remains beside the name until it is cleared by the Host or Co-Presenter.
- Individual Feedback can be cleared individually by simply clicking on icon to the right of the attendee's name.
- View Feedback allows you to open a Feedback Summary window where the Host and Co-Presenter is able to simultaneously view the:
- Feedback Given
- Total Responses
- Percent per Response
- #of Attendees Who Did Not Respond
- Clear Feedback
- Copy Feedback Summary to Whiteboard
- All Feedback can be cleared via the Global Attendee Options and from the View Feedback window which will clear feedback for all attendees in one click.
- Instant Poll - This allows the Host or Co-Presenter to create and send polls on the fly to gather information or quiz attendees.
- Send Room Check - This allows the Host or Co-Presenter to gather active participation status from all session attendees.
When a room check is sent, all session attendees except the Host or Co-Presenter, receive a Room Check alert.
If they do not respond in the time parameter, they will be removed from the session.
3. SCREEN SHARE
- Disable Sharing - This option is used when one or multiple screens are in progress. In other words, if no one in the session is actively sharing their screen, this option will not appear in the Global Attendee Options.
- Apply Layout - This option allows the Host and/or Co-Presenter the ability to change the layout of the four main panes and impose that layout to all session attendees.
To change the layout, hover your mouse over a the vertical or horizontal resize bars, click and drag to resize.
For Example -
Then, go to the Global Attendee Options and Apply Layout. Once "saved" the layout for all session attendees will immediately match your layout.
- Reset Layout - This option allows the Host and/or Co-Presenter the ability to change the previously saved layout back to the original session settings for all session attendees.
5. OTHER TOOLS
- Manage Breakout Rooms - This option allows the Host or Co-Presenter the ability to create, edit and assign attendees into breakout rooms.
For more information on using Breakout Rooms click HERE.
- Unlock / Lock Annotations - This option is only visible when the Host or Co-Presenter has turned on Annotations in pane 2's Presentations or Documents. It allows the Host and Co-Presenter the ability to "lock" and "unlock" annotations. When "unlocked", session attendees will be able to use the annotation tools in pane 2.
- Unlock / Lock Whiteboard - This option allows the Host and Co-Presenter the ability to "lock" and "unlock" the Group Whiteboard tools. When "unlocked", session attendees will be able to use these tools in pane 4's Group Whiteboard.
- Invite Guest to Session - This option allows the Host and Co-Presenter the ability to invite a guest on-the-fly from within the Jigsaw session by simply adding the email id and clicking the P for a "presenter" or the A for an "attendee".
- Refresh Assets - This option allows the Host and Co-Presenter the ability to bring newly added session assets into the session.
Now, let's take a look at the individual attendee Settings from the perspective of the Host.
HOST SETTINGS - Viewed As the Host
- Close Microphone - If your microphone is turned on, this will turn off your microphone.
Screen Share Status
- Multiple - Unlocked - This setting appears if the company account has added the Multiple Screen Share feature. If only one screen share is enabled on the company account, the Host will see either "locked" or "unlocked".
- Phone Settings - This option only appears if Universal Phone Support is enabled on the company account as well as the session has been set to use phone audio. When selected, the user is presented with the dial in details for to join via integrated telephone.
- Microphone - This option allows users to select their microphone and select Auto gain control, which automatically adjusts the microphone's sound depending on the distance you are from your microphone.
- Web Camera Settings - This option allows users to select their web cam, adjust frames per second and resolution based upon their company's settings.
- Notifications - This options allows users to select what notifications to receive. The Host and Co-Presenter can select to receive notifications when:
- A chat message is received
- A Feedback is received
- A Hand is raised
- Step Away - This option allows you to step away from your computer. When an attendee "steps away" they will see the following.
And, the name in in the attendee list is slightly grayer with the step away icon.
- Notifications - This options will show you a list of notifications received.
- Refresh Media Connection - This option allows you to refresh your connection without leaving the session. This is the first step to troubleshooting when something is not working correctly or you are having a bad connection.
- Report a bug - This option allows you to complete a form to send to Jigsaw when something is not working as it should in your session. It allows you to provide information, as well as sends pertinent system and browser information to the Jigsaw team.
- Go to Knowledge Base - This option is available to all Jigsaw attendees and allows 24/7 access to help articles and videos.
- Help - Direct access to request support assistance.
- Exit Session - Allows for logging out of the session.
CO-PRESENTER SETTINGS - Viewed As the Host
When the Host has a Co-Presenter in the session and views their Settings, they will have the ability to remove the Co-Presenter from the session or change their role in the session.
- Remove from Session - immediately kicks the person out of the Jigsaw session.
- Make Attendee - Will change this person's role in the session to an "Attendee".
For the other settings, see Attendee Settings
ATTENDEE SETTINGS - Viewed As the Host
- Remove from Session - immediately kicks the person out of the Jigsaw session.
- Make Presenter - Will change this person's role in the session to an "Presenter". Once you click the Make Presenter button, click the Presenter icon next to the person's name to activate their permissions.
- Open / Close Microphone - This option allows you to override the Global Attendee Options and allow that use to open their microphone. This is most valuable when only one microphone has been allowed in the session, but the Host or Co-Presenter wishes to allow another user microphone access without relinquishing their microphone or allowing all attendees the ability to engage their microphones.
Lock / Unlock Options
- Lock / Unlock Screen Share - This options allows you to invite that attendee to use Screen Share. For more details on using Screen Share, click HERE.
- Lock / Unlock Group Chat - This option allows you to lock down the Group Chat by attendee. For more information on using Group Chat, click HERE.
- Lock / Unlock Direct Chat - This option allows you to lock down the Direct Chat by attendee. For more information on using the Direct Chat, click HERE.
- Lock / Unlock Whiteboard - This option allows you to lock down the Group Whiteboard by attendee. For more information on using the Group Whiteboard, click HERE.
- Send Room Check - This allows the Host to send the individual Attendee a Room Check to see if they are still active (paying attention) in the session.
- Direct Chat History - This allows the Host to view the Direct Chat History for the individual Attendee. The host will be able to see the history between the Attendee and any other individual in the session.
A feature to allow easier navigation from Main Room to Breakout Rooms for all attendees is Quick Move drop-down menu.
How to Use Quick Move
- When the BORs are set up and Attendees are given permission to move freely between rooms, they will see a List View icon at the top of the Attendees List.
- The rooms available to the attendee will appear.
- The attendee selects the room and will automatically be moved to that room.
- When ready to move back to the Main Room or a different room, repeat the steps.
Why Quick Move?
There are several scenarios where the Quick Move is convenient over a Host/Co-Host moving attendees one-by-one, asking the Attendees to move themselves by dragging and dropping into the room, or the Host/Co-Host dragging themselves into each room as needed.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: Students and/or Parents are able to open the Quick Move drop-down menu to select the teacher's room to discuss the student's progress. When finished, the student/parent can easily select a new teacher from the Quick Move drop-down menu to move to another room.
- Specialized Topics in a Session: A Host could have BORs set up to cover various topics in a class where the students can move from room to room to get assistance or to work on that specific topic.
- Training Topics: BORs can be set up to cover various training topics for a company. The attendees can move in and out of BORs to get the information from the presenters.
- New Employees: BORs can be set up to cover the different topics for new employees (W4 paperwork, insurance, holidays/vacation, etc.) and new employees can use the Quick Move drop-down menu to move from room to room to get the information they need.