*Note: To print this page or save as a PDF, click the at the top of the screen, then select your printer or Save as PDF.*
The following tools are found in pane 4.
The Whiteboard allows attendees to create content. There are multiple tools and resources available in the Whiteboard.
- Group Whiteboard
- My Whiteboard
- Whiteboard Tools
- Auto Select
- Whiteboard Resize Tool
- Images with Transparent Backgrounds
- Copy and Paste Images to the Whiteboard
This is where session participants can collaborate and share information. To share content with all session attendees, use the Group Whiteboard.
By default, the Group Whiteboard is locked for all users except the Host and Co-Host. When locked, the whiteboard tools will not appear for the attendees.
Attendee's view of Group Whiteboard
To allow collaboration on the whiteboard, the Host or Co-Host must unlock the Group Whiteboard. This option allows the Host and Co-Host the ability to "lock" and "unlock" the Group Whiteboard tools. When "unlocked", session attendees will be able to use these tools in pane 4's Group Whiteboard.
Unlock Group Whiteboard for everyone, under the Global Attendee Options.
Unlock Group Whiteboard by attendee, from the individual Attendee Settings. You can get to the individual Attendee Settings by clicking the Attendee's name or the gear by the Attendee's name.
My Whiteboard is a personal space available to each session attendee. It is always available and allows a place to independently to create content.
The editing tools are located on the right side. If you do not see these tools then the Whiteboard is locked. Below you will find the the available tools and keyboard shortcuts.
- Line (Shift + 1) -Allows you to insert a line, single-head arrow or double-headed arrow. When tool is active, you can adjust the line's size and color option
- Square (Shift + 2) - Allows you to insert squares. When tool is active, you can adjust the size and color option
- Triangle (Shift + 3) - Allows you to insert triangles. When tool is active, you can adjust the size and color option
- Circle (Shift + 4) - Allows you to insert circles. When tool is active, you can adjust the size and color option
- Polygon (Shift + 5) - Allows you to insert polygons. When tool is active, you can adjust the size and color option
- Pencil (Shift + 7) -Allows you to write using your mouse. When tool is active, you can adjust the pencil size and color
- Highlighter (Shift + 8) - Allows for use of a highlighter with basic colors. When tool is active, you can adjust the size and color option
- Text Box (Shift + R) - Allows block style text. When turned on, font size, type, bold, italicize, underline, and color options are available. Must click Done at the bottom of the Whiteboard for attendees to see what has been typed in the Text Box.
- Cut Shape (Shift + X) - Allows you to cut an object removing it off of the whiteboard.
- Redo (Shift + Y) - Allows you to add a previously cut object back onto the whiteboard.
- Undo (Shift + Z) - Allows you to undo a previous whiteboard entry
- Please Note: There is a limitation to the Undo working after 30 objects are removed from the Whiteboard. This means that once 30 objects are removed from a single Whiteboard page, the Undo button will be unresponsive.
- Insert Image - Allows you to add an image from the Image Gallery in Pane 3
- Images inserted will appear in the upper left corner of the Whiteboard
- Insert Background - Allows attendee to add an image from the Image Gallery in Pane 3 as a background image in the Whiteboard
- Insert Screenshot - Allows attendee to capture an image from anywhere on their computer without leaving the Jigsaw Interactive session
- Screenshots will appear in the upper left corner of the Whiteboard
- Save as PDF - Allows you to export the content of whiteboard to a PDF File
- Eraser - Allows you to delete elements from whiteboard
- Laser Pointer - Allows the Host/Co-Host to use a laser pointer.
Auto select allows you to insert and move images more easily. It works with everything except the pencil, textbox, or highlighter. When it is enabled, it turns green.
To resize object, position mouse over any box so that the double arrow shows. Click, hold and drag to adjust size.
Whiteboard Resize Tool
Allows the ability to resize the whiteboard so that you can obtain the resolution set by the Host when they created the session.
This means, depending upon the size of your Pane 4, you can increase or decrease the size of the Whiteboard canvas.
For example, if you bring the slider all the way to the left, the Whiteboard is reduced to the smallest size to "fit" within the actual size of your Pane 4. When this happens, you will most likely see gray around the edges.
When you move the slider to the right, the Whiteboard size increases. If the actual size of your Pane 4 is smaller than the actual Whiteboard resolution, you will see scroll bars. When resizing the Whiteboard to the right, you are incrementally increasing the size of the Whiteboard to reach the actual resolution set when the session was created. And if your Pane 4 is smaller than the actual resolution, you will always see scroll bars.
You can expand Pane 4 in the following ways:
- A - Maximize Me will enlarge pane 4 for the individual only
- B - Maximize All will enlarge pane 4 for all participants in the session
- C - Horizontal Resizer - Allows Host to hide side right panel.
Images with Transparent Backgrounds
With transparent backgrounds, unleash the power of learning in a whole new way. The Host or Co-Host can add a background image to the Whiteboard and interact with the image or allow participants to collaborate together!
1. Click on the Insert Background tool and select a background image to the Whiteboard.
2. Click the Insert Image tool, to select an image to add to the background.
3. Resize and position the image with the transparent background in the correct area.
Copy and Paste Images to the Whiteboard
If the Jigsaw App is installed, an image can be copied from one location and pasted onto the Whiteboard.
- Using your mouse
- Right-click and select Copy on the image.
- Then once over the Whiteboard, right-click and select Paste.
- Using your keyboard
- Select the image and hit Ctrl+C to copy the image
- In the Whiteboard, hit Ctrl+V to paste the image
Images appear in the upper left of the Whiteboard.
When adding Assets to your session, by clicking the Attachment (identified with a Paperclip) column you can turn that Asset into an attachment. This will make it downloadable for the Attendee.
You will find the attachments listed in Pane 4 as My Attachments with a paperclip icon.
Once you click on My Attachments, the list of attachments you have added to the session will appear.
If you decide to release any asset as an attachment while you are in a session, you will need to go to the Global Attendee Options menu and click Refresh Assets for them to appear.
The My Audios icon appears in the menu bar when the Host or Co-Host releases videos found in Pane 1 to the entire session. When they are released any session attendee can independently play the video within Pane 4.
To release audios, hover over blue header to locate Pane 1. Choose the Audio menu.
Select the audio files that you wish to release to Pane 4.
In Pane 4 under My Audios, you will see the available audio files. Select the audio and press Play to watch.
The audio file will play directly in Pane 4.
My Documents is where the Host or Co-Host can share document file types with session attendees. When a file is shared, each attendee may independently open and view the file located in Pane 4.
To view My Documents, locate and select My Document in Pane 4's menu.
To release documents, locate Pane 2 by hovering over the blue header. Select the Documents menu and choose the documents that you would like to release to Pane 4.
To view the available documents in Pane 4:
- Click on the Components (Hamburger) icon and select My Documents.
- Next, click the the Documents Options icon next to the Components icon.
Click Go to Documents.
Click the Play icon next to the document to view
Use the arrows to click through the pages independently in Pane 4.
My Presentations is where the Host or Co-Host can share PowerPoint files with session attendees. When a file is shared, each attendee may independently open and view the file located in Pane 4.
To release, locate Pane 2 by hovering over the blue header. Select the Presentation menu and choose the presentations that you would like to release to Pane 4.
In Pane 4, choose My Presentations under the Components (Hamburger) menu.
To view the available presentations in Pane 4:
- Click on the Components (Hamburger) icon and select My Presentations.
- Next, click the the Presentations Options icon next to the Components icon.
Click Go to Presentations
Select a presentation and click the Play icon to open it.
Use the arrows to click through the slides independently in Pane 4.
The My Videos icon appears in the menu bar when the Host or Co-Host releases videos found in Pane 1 to the entire session. When they are released any session attendee can independently play the video within Pane 4.
To release videos, hover over blue header to locate Pane 1. Choose the Video menu.
Select the videos you wish to release to Pane 4.
In Pane 4 under My Videos, you will see the available videos. Select the video and press play to watch.
The video will play directly in Pane 4.
My Web Links
A web link is simply a URL that directs the user to a specific web address. The My Web Links icon appears in the menu bar when the Host or Co-Host releases web links to the session. When they are released any session attendee can open the link in a new browser window.
Choose the My Web Links in Pane 4's menu.
To release, place a check mark in the Released column next to the web links you wish to share.