What is a survey?
The Survey tool is a feature in Jigsaw that allows for multiple-choice assessments to be given within a Jigsaw session.
Can surveys be scored?
Yes, there are scored and non-scored surveys.
- Scored Surveys: Pre-test, Post-test and Quizzes
- Non-Scored Surveys: Evaluations, Polling, Surveys and Voting
Note: The types, “Evaluations” and “Surveys” are anonymous; therefore, individual information is not reflected on reports.
When using scored surveys, certificates (.pdf files) can be associated with surveys where attendees successfully meet a set score. When attendees attain the score, the certificate is sent via email.
How To Create A Scored Survey
Surveys can be created from two areas: Manage Assets (which is accessible when editing a session) or Session Assets.
For more information on uploading assets in these two areas, see the help article, How to Upload Assets.
For this help article, let’s upload a survey from within a session.
Select the button, “Edit Session”.
Select the button, “Add New Asset”.
- Choose asset type, Survey.
- Give the survey a name.
- Choose the type of survey.
- Choose “manual” or “timed” release.
- Manual Release, the presenter releases the survey from within the application.
- Timed Release, the presenter has two options. The survey can be released a certain number of minutes after he manually selects (Application is Released) it within the session or after the session has started (Session Start).
- Specify if a minimum score is needed to pass, this is optional.
- Begin adding questions and answers.
- Choose “Available to” options:
- Everyone in my Company – All host accounts within your organization.
- Groups – these are groups that have been created within the participant database of the person creating the survey.
- Individuals - these are names within the participant database of the person creating the survey. Also, new names can be added to the database from here.
- Exclusively To Me – Available only by the person creating the survey.
- Save Survey.
Note: Tags are also optional and can be used.
See image below of all the fields available to you when creating a survey.
How To Add Questions and Answers
Choose, “Add New Question”.
Now, add each possible answer by choosing, “Add Answer”.
When adding your answers, denote which answer is the correct one.
Repeat, “Add Answer”, until all answers have been entered for the question asked.
When you are ready to enter the next question, go back to, “Add New Question” and repeat the same steps.
Type the question and apply a score to the question, then click, “OK”.
Once you’ve entered all questions and answers, in the grid you will see each question and answer per question.
To edit, delete or change the sort order of any question or answer, use the tools to the right.