What's New in Jigsaw's First Quarter 2018 Release
Copy images and paste to the whiteboard.
- Now you can use "copy/paste" images and add directly to the whiteboard.
- And you can use "copy/paste" to add text in the text and text block tools.
Note: This feature works in Chrome and Firefox browsers and is supported with the Jigsaw Desktop Share browser extension and the Jigsaw App.
- We've made changes to the text and text block windows for a more intuitive way to select, edit, resize and move the text window.
- We have added the ability to resize the whiteboard. This replaces the "Fit/Actual" button and allows you to resize the whiteboard to fit the actual size of your pane or the actual whiteboard resolution.
- You can now set the whiteboard default size to maximum so that content added is clear and visible.
- We've added the ability to use images with a transparent background on the whiteboard.
- We have added keyboard short-cut keys for ease of use.
- We have fixed the whiteboard pages so that the page numbers accurately update.
- We have added the ability to use hyperlinks and .gif images along with basic animations and transitions in presentation assets.
Supporting OS and Browsers for the Host and Co-Presenter:
MAC - Firefox
Windows - Firefox and Chrome
The Virtual Learning App and Mobile does not support these enhancements in this release.
- We have enhanced our annotations so you can annotate on all documents and presentations.
- We have added the ability to change pages with annotations "on".
- We have added the ability to lock the eraser when annotations are unlocked for users.
- The sound from video and audio files played in pane 1 can be set so that the sound is heard through either the computer or the phone. This feature is enabled on the session settings page by the host.
User has conversion quality options when adding new assets:
- Normal (Average quality and fastest conversion)
- Higher (Higher quality and slower conversion)
- Highest (Highest quality and slowest conversion)
Conversion times will vary depending upon each users network and file size.
Breakout Room Recordings:
- Recordings are stopped when the last attendee has been moved out of the room.
- If a presenter, other than the host, "starts" a recording and that person is later removed from the session invitation list, the recording will appear under the host recorded sessions list to ensure the recording is not deleted.
Jigsaw App Hourly Update:
- On a MAC computer the hourly updates appear in the background.
Copy / Paste images directly to the whiteboard. With the installation of the Jigsaw Desktop Browser extension and the Jigsaw App, images can be "copied and pasted" to the Whiteboard.
1. Install the browser extension and the Jigsaw app from the TEST PAGE. (Must use Chrome or Firefox browsers)
2. Copy image.
3. Paste to the Whiteboard.
Text / Text Block - changes have been made so that resizing, editing and moving the text window is simple and easy!
1. Click the tool you wish to use or use the appropriate control keys: Text or Text Block
Text - Auto resizes as you type.
Text Block - Allow user to resize at will.
2. To "select" the Text or Text Block, click the Selector icon on the Whiteboard.
3. Then click on the area you wish to "select". When you see the 4 way cursor, left click & hold, then drag and release the left click to reposition.
4. When typing using Text or Text Block, the type may "publish" the text so that it is visible to all attendees by clicking the black circle in the window.
The advantage of clicking the circle vs clicking outside the window is, this allows the person typing to continue without deselecting the tool.
5. Resizing the Text Block window is done by "selecting" the window so that the eight square boxes are showing.
Then position your mouse over any box so that the double arrow shows.
Simply, click, hold and drag to resize.
Whiteboard Resize Tool - Jigsaw has added the ability to resize the whiteboard so that you can obtain the resolution set by the Host when they created the session.
Whiteboard resolutions can be set to:
1920 x 1080
1366 x 768
1280 x 1024 (Recommended size)
1024 x 768
Let's take a quick look at these resolutions to see actual size.
This means, depending upon the size of your Pane 4, you can increase or decrease the size of the Whiteboard canvas.
For example, if you bring the slider all the way to the left, the Whiteboard is reduced to the smallest size to "fit" within the actual size of your Pane 4. When this happens, you will most likely see gray around the edges.
When you move the slider to the right, the Whiteboard size increases. If the actual size of your Pane 4 is smaller than the actual Whiteboard resolution, you will see scroll bars. When resizing the Whiteboard to the right, you are incrementally increasing the size of the Whiteboard to reach the actual resolution set when the session was created. And if your Pane 4 is smaller than the actual resolution, you will always see scroll bars.
Keep in mind, you can expand Pane 4 in a number of ways:
A - Enlarge your Jigsaw session.
B - Maximize Pane 4
C - Collapse Right side bar
If you have expanded Pane 4 so that its' actual size is smaller than the actual Whiteboard resolution, the scrolls bars are removed, the Whiteboard Resize tool becomes inactive (solid gray), and gray appears around all borders.
Images with Transparent Background - With transparent backgrounds, unleash the power of learning in a whole new way.
1. Add an image or background image to the Whiteboard.
2. Select your image.
3. Resize and position the image with the transparent background in the correct area.
Key Board Short-Cuts (Windows and MAC) - New short-cut keys makes white boarding even easier!
|Line||Shift + 1|
|Rectangle||Shift + 2|
|Triangle||Shift + 3|
|Circle||Shift + 4|
|Polygon||Shift + 5|
|Wedge||Shift + 6|
|Pencil||Shift + 7|
|Highlighter||Shift + 8|
|Stamp||Shift + 9|
|Bring to Front||Shift + B|
|Copy Shape||Shift + C|
|Delete Shape||Shift + D|
|Paste Graphic||Shift + G|
|Selector||Shift + I|
|Laser Pointer||Shift + L|
|Text Block||Shift + R|
|Insert Screenshot||Shift + S|
|Text||Shift + T|
|Cut Shape||Shift + X|
|Redo||Shift + Y|
|Undo||Shift + Z|
Note: The Host and Co-Presenter should use Firefox on MAC and Windows or use Chrome on a Windows computer. As long as the Host or Co-Presenter is using the supported browser attendees will see these enhancements in their browser.
The Virtual Learning App and Mobile does these enhancements in version 1.
What You Need to Know:
- For animations to show up in Jigsaw, a newly uploaded presentation file must be uploaded.
- The "Fit/Actual" button, the +/-, and the laser pointer will not show at this time for newly uploaded presentations.
- The "Fit/Actual" button, the +/-, and the laser pointer will show up for previously uploaded presentations.
Note: Version 1 is not supported using the Virtual Learning App, MAC computers using the Chrome browser, and on mobile devices. Some animations may not be supported. If you incur exceptions, please bring those to the attention of email@example.com.
ANNOTATIONS - Added ability to annotate in Documents. And, when annotating in Presentations or Documents, the Host and / or Co-Presenter can change pages when annotate is turned "on", as well as, they may lock the eraser for all users.
Audio Method - Hosts setting up "Phone" sessions, will now have the ability to choose where attendees hear the sound from Videos and Audios played from Pane 1. The default is to render sound through the attendee's computer speakers, but if "Keep Audio in Phone" is selected, the sound will be heard through the attendee's phone connection.
When uploading Document assets, you now have the ability to choose a higher quality.
Note: Highest quality will require more time to convert before it is ready to show in the session.
"In Progress" means the file is still converting.
When the conversion has completed and is ready to open, it will be marked as "Ready For Use".
Version # 4.9.653